Routine Pet Dental Care from Your Animal Hospital in Louisville KY
Routine pet dental care is important for dogs and cats in Louisville KY and the surrounding area. Without routine dental care, pets develop problems like cavities, periodontal disease, infection and other dental issues. At Doerr Animal Clinic, we provide all the dental care services that pets need to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Pet Dental Care Services from Your Animal Hospital in Louisville KY
We provide a variety of pet dental care services for dogs and cats of our community!
- Dental examinations. During our pet dental examinations, we’ll inspect your pet’s teeth and gums for signs of dental disease. If we find plaque buildup, infection, periodontal disease or other problems, we’ll make recommendations for treatment.
- Pet dental cleanings. During our pet dental cleanings, we’ll remove the plaque from your pet’s teeth. Once your pet’s teeth are cleaned, we’ll polish the enamel. Following the teeth cleaning process, food is less likely to stick to your pet’s teeth. This helps keep your pet’s mouth clean and can control the buildup of bacteria in your pet’s mouth.
- Cavity fillings. Our cavity fillings can help prevent tooth decay and can save your pet from related tooth pain.
- Tooth extractions. If your pet’s tooth becomes infected, he or she may need to have the tooth removed. Our tooth extraction services are safe and efficient.
- Consultations. Sometimes pet owners have questions about the best ways to take care of their pet’s teeth. During pet dental examinations, we answer pet owner questions about pet tooth brushing and other forms of pet dental care.
Pet Dental Care at Home
Pets need to have their teeth brushed every day just like people. When brushing your pet’s teeth, use tooth paste formulated for animals and a small tooth brush that fits properly in your pet’s mouth. If your pet does not accept having his or her teeth brushed, you’ll need to train your pet before he or she will cooperate. Talk to your pet’s veterinarian to find out the best way to train your pet.
Symptoms of Dental Disease
Being able to recognize the symptoms of dental disease can help you know when it’s time to bring your pet in for dental care. The symptoms of dental disease include:
- Red, inflamed, bleeding gums
- Stained teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Loose teeth
- Missing teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth
When To Bring Your Pet in For Dental Care
Pet owners are encouraged to bring their pets in for dental care once annually. Pet owners should also bring their pets in for treatment if they identify symptoms of pet dental disease.
Contact Your Veterinarian in Louisville KY
As a full-service animal hospital in Louisville KY, we’re your source for pet dental care. Whether your pet needs a routine exam, a cavity to be filled or a tooth to be extracted, we can help. To make an appointment for your pet, contact us today at 502-425-1275.